Increase your Productivity and Motivation
Is your motivation and productivity at an all-time low… don’t worry we have the tips and tricks to help you get back on track. The Christmas holidays are nearing quickly but there is still so much to do between now and then. Our motivation to get the things we need done is slowly dwindling given the, almost, two years we have had to deal with seems to have zapped all of our energy. Here are some helpful tips that may increase your productivity:
Setting Daily Goals
- I’m sure there have been many times when you have looked back on your day and wondered what you achieved. A way to avoid this is by creating goals (whether big or small) that you would like to complete for that day. This can be a great way to stay motivated and increase productivity. Creating goals allows you to stay on track rather than having an unsorted bunch of ideas that you waste more time thinking about than achieving.
Work to Your Strengths
- Some people are morning people, and some are night owls, determining when you are most motivated in a day and using that to your advantage will increase productivity. For example, a morning person may get up and smash out 6 hours of productive work straight away. This leaves them with the rest of the day to do what they want.
Create A Routine
- Routines allow for an increase in productivity as they cater for individual needs and the specific goals individual’s create for themselves. It allows you to stay on track and motivated to ‘check the boxes’ that go towards your larger goals.
End of Week Review
- Do you ever get to the end of the week and think “wow that week was a blur”? One way to help stay on track of your productivity at work is by reviewing your progress weekly. This can help ensure that what you are doing allows for a healthy work/life balance that is manageable. Questions you may ask yourself during your review are:
- Did I achieve what I wanted to this week?
- What needs to be completed next week?
- Is there anything I can do to improve my work/life balance?
Yes, this is all easier said than done when trying to implement new habits when your motivation is at an all time low. To increase productivity or if you are seeking some additional motivation or support, the team at Umbrella Family Law and Umbrella Family Support are here to help.